Who Can Re-Enter The United States From India?
U.S. residents and qualifying non-residents are exempt from the travel restrictions.
The following exemptions apply to these travelers:
- U.S. citizens
- Lawful permanent residents
- Noncitizen nationals
- Any noncitizen who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- A noncitizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (the child must be unmarried and under age 21)
- A noncitizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or permanent residents (both must be unmarried and under age 21)
- Any noncitizen who is the child, foster child or ward of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Prospective adoptee seeking to enter the U.S. pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications
- Any noncitizen traveling by request of the U.S. government for various purposes
Qualified travelers can re-enter the United States directly from India.
Since January 26, 2021, any person coming into the United States must obtain a negative COVID-19 test no more than three days before flying back to the U.S. This mandatory test applies to fully vaccinated travelers. Recovered COVID-19 patients can waive the mandatory test by showing documentation of a recovery from the last 90 days.
After Traveling To India
The CDC has different post-travel guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Fully vaccinated travelers should practice these guidelines after traveling abroad:
- Take a viral test 3-5 days after travel (in addition to the re-entry test)
- Self-monitor for potential symptoms
- Follow state and local recommendations
No self-quarantine is necessary but should isolate if they detect potential symptoms.
Nonvaccinated travelers should stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days but get a viral test between days 3 and 5. Travelers that don’t get a post-travel test are advised to self-isolate for 10 full days after returning from a trip.
Unvaccinated travelers should also avoid contact with high-risk individuals for the first 14 days. Following any state and local guidelines is essential too.
In the article posted by Forbes.com
Connect with Us