Set up on 30th January 1929 this airline was operated as Inter-Island Airways. In the year 1941, the Inter-Island Airways was renamed as Hawaiian Airlines. For the past 84 years this airline has been providing its services continuously. This is touted as the oldest and biggest airline in the Hawaii Islands.
Besides that, it is also the largest air service provider to the U.S. mainland from Hawaiian lands. It is well connected to the 11 U.S. gateway cities through the non-stop flights from Hawaii. It has also been providing its services to the following destinations:
- American Samoa
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Hawaiian Airlines has been continuously upgrading its fleet and will be introducing Extra Comfort cabins. This new cabin would be introduced on the airline’s Airbus A330-200 aircraft from 1st June 2014.
There two travel classes – First Class and Economy Class.
The in-flight Services and Amenities include the following –
- Priority check-in and baggage handling
- Wide, comfortable seats with more legroom
- One carry-on luggage of maximum 11.5 kg along with one personal item and two pieces of free checked baggage
- Beverages and meals are complimentary
- Complimentary the passengers are provided with headsets for in-flight entertainment
- Comfortable seats
- Complimentary meals with a choice of Hawaiian cuisine
- Complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Headsets can be availed on rent for in-flight entertainment
It has won TRAVEL + LEISURE’s World’s Best Awards
Besides that, it was declared to be the world’s best airlines in the year – 2001, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014.
Conde Nast Traveler Business Travel Awards
Meals, First Class Meals, First/Business, Premium Class in the year – 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013