France is known for what you call Air France. Based in Tremble-en-France, it lies north of Paris. Being a subsidiary of Air France-KLM Group, it also is a founding member of the global airline alliance Sky Team. The main hub of this airline is at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, from where it operates.
It is worthy to be noted that the airline also has the secondary hubs which are at the following places:
- Paris Orly Airport
- Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport
- Marseille Provence Airport
- Toulouse Blagnac Airport
- Nice Côte d’Azur Airport
It has got 35 domestic destinations in the country and 164 destinations across the world in around 93 countries.
There are four classes of Air France:
- La Première/First
- Premium Economy
The In-Flight Amenities and Services
La Première/First class:
- It has got Lie-flat Sleeper Seats which measure 6.6 ft long
- Mattress are hypoallergenic with feather pillow and a duvet is offered
- You can store the belongings in the space provided
- The table are wide and there are trays where you can work and have meals as well
- A cosy bench is there for a coworker or fellow traveller
- For personal usage, there is a 10.4-inch interactive video screen
- PC power outlet to provide regular power supply for your laptop
- Auto-massage function to relieve you from pain and fatigue
- Individual Telephone for your usage and convenience to contact the staff in the aircraft
- Lighting to suit the ambience and a reading lamp as well for your personal usage
One can be comfortable in the loungewear and slippers provided
- Lie-flat Sleeper Seats that measure 6.5 ft long and 21 inches wide
- Ample storage space to keep your stuff
- Power outlet for laptop and other electronic devices
- For your reading convenience, a reading lamp and noise-cancelling headphones
- A personal telephone to make calls via satellite so that your world does not get hampered
- To keep you lighter, a facility for Express light meals in which you can lunch or dine quickly after takeoff of flight
- Personal TV to entertain the passengers which are equipped with AVOD programming
- In the mattress section, a hypoallergenic feather pillow is provided with a pure wool blanket
- An amenity kit with toiletries and a Clarins moisturiser
- The seats are comfortable as they are wider seats and have a more leg room
- Convenience becomes more easy with storage spaces for personal items
- Personal interactive 10.4-inch video screen
- A headset that is equipped with noise-reduction
- A lamp for a personal usage and which is also adjustable
- Laptop will not have any power shortage problem due to PC outlet
- A travel kit is provided which is complete with personal care items
- The seats are spacious and comfortable with pleasant lighting
- More spaces for keeping the baggage in the compartments
- For personal usage, a mask and a refreshing towel is provided at no extra charge
- A personal video screen is provided on board for in-flight entertainment
- Complimentary meals and beverages to get the taste of heavenly food.
The awards won by Air France:
- Prix d’Or prize in the Public Prize, Airline of the year category – Wednesday 24 September 2014, at the Business Travel awards, Air France won this award. The members of the general public can vote and the airline got over 6,500 votes.
- During the evening, HOP! was also awarded the Thalys 2014 Business Travel Grand Prize.
- AIR FRANCE is also honoured by SKYTRAX for its LA PREMIÈRE LOUNGE/first class at Paris-Charles de Gaulle on July 15. This put the first class of the carline in the world’s best category. The designer of the restaurant, Chef Alain Ducasse also won for the best food selection.
- For its amazing DIGITAL APP, the airline is rewarded by the public. The 3rd edition of Echo touristic magazine’s Innovation Awards and another success story for Air France – its digital press app, AF Press, was named best customer service innovation! Chosen by the professional jury, the app was then selected by an online vote which was open to all.