Being the main airline carrier of Ethiopia, this airline started its services on 21 December 1945. It operates its services from Addis Ababa. It operates through many international and domestic routes and has the services as per those routes. The main hub of the airlines is at Bole international airport.
There is a total number of 80 destinations on which the airlines provides its services to. It is worth noting that the services which are being provided by the Ethiopian Airlines are more than the services offered by other airlines services.
Presently there are 16 routes in a domestic area which are being served by this airline. International destinations include the following:
- 7 in Europe
- 16 in the Middle East and Asia
- 2 destinations in the Americas
Another feather in its cap is its joining of Star Alliances as a third member after Egypt Air and South African Airways.
All in all, there are two classes:
- Cloud Nine which combines service of First Class and Business Class
- Economy Class.
The in-flight Services and Amenities include the following:
- Flatbeds offered
- Complimentary meals and beverages
- A wide choice of champagne or fine wines
- Complimentary newspapers and magazines
- Amenity kit comprising essential items of personal use such as toothpaste, toothbrush, lip balm, eye shade, shaving kit, moisturiser, socks, comb, ear plug, perfume and shoe horn
- Moving Puzzles, Story and Colouring books provided to children
- Spacious cabin
- Seats recline to provide greater comfort
- More legroom
- Audios and videos for in-flight entertainment
- Light snacks offered
- A selection of alcoholic beverages
- Complimentary meals provided to passengers
- Amenity kits consisting of toothpaste, toothbrush, slumber shade and socks provided on long-haul flights to the United States and China
- Colouring and Storybooks and moving puzzles provided to children