The leading airline service of Austria, known by the name Austrian Airlines has been serving the natives of Austria since its establishment in 1957. It was formed as a result of the amalgamation of Austrian Airways and Air Austria. Holding its headquarters in Schwechat Vienna, it is the subsidiary company of Lufthansa. Operating from its chief hub at Vienna International Airport, the flights take flee to multiple destinations all around the globe. The Airline is serving as a member of Star Alliance, and the services of Austrian Airlines is extended over 130 destinations worldwide. The prime hub being the Innsbruck Airport, the flights are mainly conducted in the Eastern Europe and the Middle East. The new service of the airline has been launched since July 2, 2014.
The services of the leading Austrian Airlines are offered fewer than two categories of travelling classes namely, Business Class and Economy Class. Let’s have a look at the Flight amenities and services.
- Full flatbed seats with massage facilities for better comfort and luxury.
- Person AVOD with 15-inch touch screen for in-flight amusement options.
- Essential kit including various essential items like toothpaste, toothbrush, socks, ear plugs, sleeping mask, shoe horn, and sugar-free mint pastilles.
- Complimentary meals with diversified options including soup, cheeses, desserts and appetisers.
- Wide choice of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Newly designed cabin interiors in all Boeing 767 and Boeing 777 aircraft.
- Ergonomic seats for better comfort and luxury with extra legroom facility on selected routes in long haul flights.
- Smart upgrade facility made available on long route flights
- In-flight entertainment enabled with 9 inches personal touch screen for each passenger.
- Complimentary meals with varied beverage choices
Awards won by Austrian Airlines
- Awarded for its punctuality in April 2014, Austrian Airlines won a bronze award.
- Awarded at the World’s Best Business Class Airline Catering in 2011 for product quality services.
- Austrian Airlines won “Stall Cabin Award” for Europe Seat and the “Best Wine of the Wing”