The leading air carrier of Mauritius is known by the name Air Mauritius. Being established by Air France, the Mauritius Government, and the BOAC enterprise, it has been serving the natives of Mauritius since 1967. The headquarters of this chief airline service is located in Port Louis, the capital city of Mauritius. Being the 4th largest airline service in Sub-Saharan Africa, Air Mauritius operates from its centre at Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport. Having a code share experience with the most prominent airline service including, Emirates Airline, Air France, South African Airways, Malaysia Airlines, the company holds a substantial share in the Indian Ocean Region, European, and African markets. Adding to the honour of the services, the airline was awarded 2011 Indian Ocean Leading Airline Prize for the 7th time in a lane.
The services are demarcated into two travel classes namely, economy class and business class. Let’s have a look at the features of the in-flight services on detail:
- Flatbed seats for optimum convenience.
- Adjustable Seats with 60 inches arena.
- Privacy ensured for each passenger with seats that have inflatable lumbar pouches and massage option for better travelling experience.
- Personal service for each passenger.
- Complimentary meals with varied Mauritian delicacies.
- Personal monitors for world class entertainment choices.
- Wide seating options with 31-inch seat pitch.
- New and classy seats with better comfort and look.
- Complimentary meals with an option to choose from the main course meals.
- Beverage and drinks options are made available
- AVOID for better in-flight amusement
The Award of Honour
- Air Mauritius has been honoured with “2011 Indian Ocean Leading Airline Prize” for seven years in continuance.
- Have been awarded at ITB 2014 as the most popular destination in the Indian Ocean.
- Awarded the 2013 Reader’s Choice Award as the Best Golf Travel Destinations in the world in terms of long distance travel.
- Awarded by World Travel Award as the Leading Honeymoon destination in the world in 2013 and 2012.
- The World Travel Award 2013 honoured the airlines as the best wedding and honeymoon destination.
- Have been awarded at the World Travel Awards 2013 as the best destination for wellness and spa in the long haul Segment.