For $999 per person, this nine-night island-hopping adventure covers three of Portugal’s Azores islands, which have been nominated for Europe’s Leading Island Destination of 2016 by the World Travel Awards. Azores Island Hopping.
This package not only saves $475 on putting this together on your own, but it also covers 4-star stays on all islands and takes the hassle out of planning. Doing this on your own is tricky, as nonstop flights between the islands don’t run daily and can be pricey on certain days of the week.
What you need to know about these islands:
- Sao Miguel, the Green Island, is the largest of the islands and home to Lagoa do Fogo and Sete Cidades, two of the archipelago’s most iconic crater lakes.
- Faial, the Blue Island, is home to countless azure flowers that frame the mile-wide Caldeira at the island’s center.
- Terceira, the Violet Island, is most notable for the wild hydrangeas that blanket the island, its preserved Renaissance old town and the Biscoitos lava rock bathing pools.
Includes: Nonstop flights from Boston to the Azores; nonstop intra-island flights; three nights in Faial; two nights in Terceira; four nights in Sao Miguel; daily breakfast (if indicated by hotel); taxes and fees.
Depart for the following per person pricing:
- $999 … Dec. 13; Jan. 17
- $1119-$1150 … Oct. 18, 22, 25, 29; March 7
- $1208 … Oct. 8, 15
- $1274-$1299 … Oct. 4, 11, 19, 25, 27, 30; April 29
- Surrounding departures, including fall and spring dates, are also available.
Update: Additional dates have been added at the $999 price. Jan. 24, 31; Feb. 7, 14 are now $999 per person.
The 4-star Hotel do Caracol on Terceira is located within the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Angra do Heroismo. Travelers can get scuba certification on-site and go diving to explore the reefs outside the hotel. On Faial, the 4-star Hotel do Canal has views of Mt. Pico and on-site Turkish baths. The 4-star Lince Azores on Sao Miguel is in downtown Ponta Delgada and boasts sea-view rooms with large windows
Why you should fly to Boston for this deal: Most flights to the Azores connect through Boston. You can use miles or find a cheap one-way fare to save hundreds and take advantage of this deal. Check 2mycountry.com for cheap flights from your city.